AbstractWith the ever-increasing popularity and extensive usage of phytotherapy all over the globe, it has now become absolutely necessary to ensure its efficacy, toxicity and adverse effects on the basis of suitable scientific evidence, and to put proper measures in place to regulate practice of phytotherapy ... Read More
2. Study of the antileukemic activity of Mimosa caesalpiniifolia Benth. ethanolic extract and fractions
AbstractMimosa caesalpiniifolia Benth. is a native plant to northeastern Brazil, traditionally used in folk medicine, with several pharmacological activities reported including antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antitumor. The present study evaluated the antileukemic potential of M. caesalpiniifolia Benth. ... Read More
3. Isolation, characterization and biological activities of phytoconstituents from Lonchocarpus eriocalyx Harms leaves
AbstractThe plant species Lonchocarpus eriocalyx Harms (Fabaceae) is a deciduous slender tree or shrub which grows up to 15 m tall. It is an important medicinal plant in Kenya used to treat a wide range of ailments including eye infection, wound and ulcer. However, little is known about its chemical constituents. ... Read More
4. Intra-specific differentiation, genetic variability and their prospect for exploitation in medicinally important plant Black henbane (Hyoscyamus niger L.)
AbstractBlack henbane (Hyoscyamus niger L.) is frequently cultivated as a rich source of tropane alkaloids particularly hyoscyamine and hyoscine (Scopolamine) which are extracted from its whole aerial herb including dried leaves and flowering tops. These valuable natural compounds are widely used in modern medicinal ... Read More
5. Secondary metabolites of Hypericum richeri Vill. collected in Central Italy: chemotaxonomy and ethnomedicinal relevance
AbstractThe results of the phytochemical analysis of a Hypericum richeri Vill. accession collected from a population living in Appennines, Central Italy, are reported in this paper. The secondary metabolites pattern resulted mainly composed of flavonoids as both aglycones and in glycosidic form, such as quercetin ... Read More
6. Effect of solvent, time and method of extraction on the amounts of phenolic, flavonoid and the antioxidant activity of the extract of Ixiolirion tataricum (Pall.) Schult. & Schult.f.
AbstractSolvent type, extraction time and method are among important parameters in the evaluation of extraction efficiency. The selection of appropriate conditions to increase the extraction efficiency is of great importance. The response surface method (RSM) is a statistical and mathematical technique which ... Read More
7. Volatile oil composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of Boerhavia erecta L. and Euphorbia hirta L.
AbstractThis study investigated the volatile oil composition of Boerhavia erecta L. and Euphorbia hirta L. along with the corresponding antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. In thisregard, stems and roots of Boerhavia erecta together with aerial parts of Euphorbia hirta L. were used. Essential oils were ... Read More